“Everything you see, I owe to Spaghetti”
COOKING CLASSES IN LANGHE, ROERO & MONFERRATO
Looking for a Cooking class in Alba? …Buon Appetito!
Piemonte is a foodie haven thanks to its white truffles, egg pastas, high quality veal, cheese and hazelnuts to name a few. If you are interested in learning about local recipes, taking a cooking class could be the perfect way to spend a half day. There are many different options which include cooking simple but delicious food with locals or learning how to create top class dishes from some of our great Piemontese chefs. Piemonte is the region with the most Michelin star restaurants in Italy, so far counting 39 up to 3 Stars.
Things to know
- The course is for beginner levels or for those who have never made pasta. More than learning complicated gourmet dishes, you will making local dishes that the Piemontese eat often. If you would like to tackle something more challenging that can also be arranged. Just let me know.
- It is important to inform us of your cooking skills and background so that we can make more advanced recipes if you have more experience and and would like a challenge. In this case, a full day cooking experience may be necessary.
- If you have any allergies or special dietary restrictions please let us know and we would be happy to vary the menu accordingly.
- We can send you the recipes via email to save paper!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you just want half day class I do not accompany but would be happy to help you book it.
- Cooking classes can be quite expensive if private or you can share the class with another couple or two to keep the costs down.
COOKING CLASS OPTIONS
Transportation is normally included in our tours with pick up and drop off services within the Alba area. A private driver with luxury vehicle, vintage cars, 9 seater vans or buses, or self drive tours can be arranged. If you are interested in taking the train from Torino, we suggest taking a direct 45 minute train ride from Porta Nuova station in Torino to Fossano where you can be picked up. For further information about how to reach our area, please read more on this page
During high season
May-June and Sept-Nov a standard group tour may be available for 2-8 people. An English speaking driver will pick you up in an air-conditioned van in Alba and take you to a few points of interest in the Barolo area, as well as 1 Barolo winery in the morning, a casual lunch spot, and 1 more Barolo winery in the afternoon. Your driver is available to give you local insight and is a certified sommelier and tour guide. We will provide you with maps and a detailed description of the local varieties when you hop on the bus. It will be fun to share this experience with other English speaking wine lovers from all over the world. You may come home with new friends and especially new wines!